Art by Simon Adams
In Halloween, 2009 FinalRune Productions hosted our first live radio drama at the University of Southern Maine’s Talbot Lecture Hall in Portland, Maine.
Hear this bone-chilling audio experience in its entirety:
Running Time: 1 hour, 28 minutes
Download Halloween Live Radio Drama 2009 (MP3)
The Stories in the Show:
- The Ghost Behind the Black Door by Roger Gregg
A couple from the city moves to a mansion in the countryside only to find that things are not all as they expect… a spoof on the classic horror meme.
- Leaving You is Hell by Fred Greenhalgh
A dark retelling of the myth of Orpheus inspired by the classic jazz tune “St James Infirmary.” A man in New Orleans is doomed to keep falling in love with the same woman and seducing her to her death.
- Bone Lake by Mark LaFlamme
The ice fishing’s going well on Bone Lake, until a man comes from the winter’s night looking for a very strange catch.
- Third Shift by Kevin Anderson
A company will sell you very efficient workers at a bargain price. Just don’t send the living to check out their work.
- H1NSane by Fred Greenhalgh
It was all going so well until the zombies showed up. Don’t drink the agave nectar!
The Talented Cast:
- Announcer – John Hickson
- Representing WMPG – Dale Robin Lockman
Ghost Behind the Black Door:
- Payeur – Tom Power
- Colleen – Christine Marshall
- Herbert – Philip Hobby
- Ghost Man – Burke Brimmer
- Ghost Woman – Janice Gardner
Losing You is Hell
- Man – Burke Brimmer
- Woman – Christine Marshall
- Madame Genevere – Janice Gardner
- Lost Souls – John Hickson
- Carlton – Tom Power
- Rupert – Burke Brimmer
- Joseph – John Hickson
- Tony – Burke Brimmer
- Everett – Philip Hobby
- Fred Greenhalgh – Self
- Joe – Burke Brimmer
- Voice from Crowd – Janice Gardner
- Sally – Christine Marshall
- Operator – Janice Gardner
- SFX Person – Paul Drinan
- Scientist – Philip Hobby
- Zombie Kid – Burke Brimmer
- Corporal – Burke Brimmer
- Navy Seal – Philip Hobby
Live Sound Effects and Music
Mixing: Dave Bunker. Additional production assistance by Dianne Ballon.
Special Thanks to WMPG
WMPG, Portland, Maine’s community radio arranged for the venue and provided the live stream and radio broadcast of this show.
The show was a fundraiser for WMPG’s PowerUP! Campaign, which seeks to raise $250,000 to upgrade the signal strength of the station’s main transmitter and move it to a better location.
If you like this show, don’t miss the chance to donate to WMPG! We hope to bring this show back in 2010.