(Drama) Running Time: 66m24s
Written and Produced by Frederick Greenhalgh
A tale inspired by the myth of Orpheus. A young man heads to New Orleans in search of his missing lover, and finds something he never expected: himself.
This was my senior thesis for my BA, and I have a site with essays on New Orleans, radio drama, and the myth or Orpheus to complement Day of the Dead.
Running Time: 1 hour, 6 minutes
Download Day of the Dead (MP3)
- Narrator/The Kid: Fred Greenhalgh
- Messenger: Mark Krasnoff
- Paps: Charles Grant
- Emily: Kateri Valliere
- Bus Driver: Jason Elvin
- Taxi Driver/Bouncer: Donald “Errol” Murphy
- Hustler 1/Clerk 2: Braden Biddings
- Mr. Mike: David Howley
- Performer/English Guy/Hustler 2: Philip Hobby
- Clerk/Cop/Wolfman/Hustler 3: Barry Hilton
- Irishman/Drifter 1: Joshua Force
- Hustler 4/Drifter 2/Drunk: John Coons
- Devil’s Sister: Stephanie Sample
- Stranger: George Ingmire
- Priestess LaBeau: Casey Turner
- Instructors/Advisors: Jessica Lockhart, Jeannine Uzzi, Elisabeth Wilkins, Kaitlin Briggs
- Technical Assistance: Nat Ives
- My friends in New Orleans and elsewhere: Jan Ramsey, Dane Ruegger, James, and the Crescent City Technologies Crew, George Ingmire, Marian Howley, Monique Verdin, Martha Ward, Bill Lambert.